Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunshine’s Sweet 16

Sixteen years ago today, I was becoming a mother for the first time. When the nurses handed her to me, and she was crying her little head off, my first thought was “I don’t think she likes me very much.” To be honest, I didn’t quite know what to do with her! Sometimes, I still don’t. ;-)
I always thought we’d have a big blowout for her sweet sixteen party, but we have a tradition in our house that Birthday Person gets to choose how to celebrate her birthday, the dinner, and the birthday cake. Although in our house, Birthday Person often chooses a birthday non-cake, so we’re non-traditional traditionalists.
Sunshine preferred a quiet celebration this year; she wanted to watch a movie with Reesie and me and eat dinner at one of her favorite Mexican restaurants. It was the opening weekend for New Moon, so guess what we went to see? Anything but that. We decided to see Planet 51, and it was a cute movie. We all laughed.
And her birthday non-cake was a tub of cookie dough. Yes, you read right. Cookie dough. We all ate it uncooked (no, we didn’t get salmonella.)11-22-09 Sunshines sweet 16 2 11-22-09 Sunshines sweet 16 12
11-22-09 Sunshines sweet 16 8
Here she is goofing off with her crazy mama. Seriously, the nut doesn’t fall far from the tree.


11-22-09 Sunshines sweet 16 14







And her little sister’s not far behind. Reesie got some pics with her camera also, so I may upload some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment