Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Other Girls

Remember my last blog, lamenting the fact that I never have time to play piano anymore? And mentioning some sheet music I would like to have?
Well, Veronika (whom we call Ronka) found the music online for me and sent me a link to download. I've gotten through the first two pages of Wedding Day at Troldenhaugen already (I've been even busier than normal the past couple days, so I'm proud to have gotten that far). She also came to visit with us tonight, bringing with her the music to the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack, among other music. I have plenty to keep me busy with music now, and since she went through all the trouble of finding it for me, I MUST make time to practice it! Maybe one of these days I'll update with a video.

Ronka was our foreign exchange student from Germany, and she stayed with us for the 2004-2005 school year. She is now attending a college here in our state within driving distance. She drops in to see us on occasion, whenever she gets a break and can bum a ride or borrow a car. Today, she and I watched Sunshine's high school band march in a contest, the three of us went to dinner, and then she came to visit the rest of the family for awhile.
(This was taken from my iPhone, so it's not the best quality.)
10-17-09 Ronka and Mae We also had another foreign exchange student for the 2003-2004 school year, Da-Hae from South Korea. Da-Hae is now attending college in Japan, and I think she has one more year left. Hopefully one of these days, she'll be able to come back to the States for a visit.

We so enjoyed having these girls stay with us; they added so much to our family. I am thankful to still be in contact with both of them! My dream is to have both of them at the same time for Christmas one year.2003familychristmas

Christmasfamily2004

No comments:

Post a Comment