Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Independence Day

Here are my lovies! Yes, I know I’m a dork. But the t-shirts were on sale for $2 at Wal-Mart, and you know I can’t resist cheap t-shirts. Aren’t they cute? And patriotic, too!
Photobucket

Mojo is admiring my decorative lighting in the dining room. It was fun to eat our hotdogs, tater salad, coleslaw and corn-on-the-cob under such ambience!
Photobucket

My kids have never really experienced backyard fireworks; we’ve always been to a big display somewhere. They weren’t too sure about sparklers at first. They quickly warmed up to them.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Aside from sparklers, we got other kid-friendly fireworks like smoke bombs, snap dragons, those “flowers” that buzz around on the ground turning different colors, and a “fountain” that shoots up sparks. The kids loved them, even Juju.
Juju also loved his first taste of watermelon.
Photobucket Photobucket

We had fun, even though Bear had to work and didn't get home til 8pm. He brought home some pina colada fixins, which made my night. You know when you are covered in dirt, watermelon juice, and pina colada at the end of the night that it was a good 4th of July!
I may come back and post some videos later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Love the shirts too. Oh and I too think back yard works are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't see alot but we sure enjoyed the moments!
    better than last years...

    ReplyDelete