Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Aunt Martha’s Quilts

My Aunt Martha surprised us all with new quilts. No special occasion—she had just been wanting to make them for us! The kids and I were all thrilled. There is nothing like snuggling up in soft, warm, homemade goodness. And as we have all been fighting off a cold virus this week, they couldn’t have come at a better time!

IMG_4209Gem got a quilt with princesses.
 IMG_4214
Caveman got a quilt with Spiderman. Juju got a quilt with cats, balls, and Thomas. Of all the kids, I think he may have been the most excited! IMG_4218 
Mojo got a quilt with horses, and Sunshine got a quilt with bright colors. And as you can see in these pics, she also made pillow cases for the kids.

IMG_4220
Greg and I got throws in bright, funky, tie-dyed colors to match our den. I have so appreciated snuggling up in my recliner under mine. It makes my “cozy spot” even more cozy.

And I originally forgot to add a pic of Gigi’s quilt! So here is an update…
IMG_4307

Thank you so much, Aunt Martha!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful.. Something to cherish forever... Nothing as meaningful as something that is handmade by a family member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are beautiful! Your kids are getting so big now Paula <3

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete