Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Coffee Filter Disinfectant Wipes


I know I've mentioned homemade wipes before, but I've found an easier, cheaper way to make more durable wipes. Coffee filters.

Open a package of coffee filters. Put them in a plastic container with a lid. Pour a mixture of 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water over the filters. (I sometimes like to add essential oils to mine--tea tree, lavender/sweet orange, lemon/thyme, etc.) Put the lid on them. VoilĂ ! You now have cheap, earth-friendly, kid-friendly disinfectant wipes.

A couple of notes...
* Reuse! Save a plastic Cool-Whip or deli container from the garbage.
* If you are crafty or have crafty kids, decorate the containers to match the decor in your kitchen or bathrooms.
* You'll notice my wipes are brown. When I use paper products, I use unbleached whenever possible. The bleached white ones are cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment