Sunday, May 2, 2010

We Just Got a Puppy

(Think "Blues Clues" here.)
We just got a puppy, we just got a puppy! We just got a puppy, 'cuz I must be nuts! haha

No, seriously, we've been talking about it for awhile. The kids have been begging for a puppy. We've just not had a place for a dog. Our yard has no fence.
But now, we have no choice but to fence in our yard to try to keep Juju contained. It's going to happen this week. I've signed up for a couple of shifts at work to cover it (please, Lord, don't let them cancel me!)
So today when we left Wal-Mart, there was a truck with a crate of puppies. Yellow lab mix. Just the kind of dog I said I'd get if we had a place to put it. When I saw her face through the crate, I couldn't say no! The kids could hardly believe their eyes. Mama for real brought home a PUPPY!

DSCF0346
What to name her? Galadriel? Amaranth? Lula? Sunshine and I decided it would be cool to name her after a Beatles song. Rita? Sadie? Greg suggested naming her after a virtue. So…Prudence fit the bill perfectly. (Look on the iPod to the right to hear the Beatles’ “Dear Prudence”.)

DSCF0348DSCF0349 

IMG_0413 
It was a big day for us all!

1 comment: