Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What We're Doing

I quit my job. Well, I didn't actually *quit*, but I did transfer into the pool, where I will have to work a minimum of two shifts a month to stay active. So that's almost like quitting. We're poor and broke again. But I'm starting to feel almost like my normal self again. I'd rather be poor and broke and a good mother to my children.

So anyway, since I took a little break from blogging about our homeschool for awhile, I thought I'd once again share what we are doing. While I was struggling to keep up with working nights, homeschooling, keeping the house halfway clean, and chasing around a very busy toddler, we dropped down to the bare minimum in our education--reading, writing, and math. I know that Mojo, being the avid reader that she is, has picked up plenty on her own in the science and history realm, so I don't worry about that sort of thing. She's always telling me things she's discovered that I didn't know!
Caveman has also started to take the things I've been teaching him to the next level on his own. And in my opinion, that's how it should be. That lets me know we're headed in the right direction.

Gem is learning about the letter "K" this week, the number 11, the moon, and the shape of a crescent. We will talk about moon phases, bake cookies and cut them into the different moon phases, and learn some poems about the moon.

We are listening to the music of Dmitri Kabalevski (look for the "iPod" to the right of my page, and click on the songs to hear the music we've been learning about).

Our Scripture verse this week is Exodus 20:8..."Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

Our saint for the week is St. Turibius de Mogrobejo.
And our virtue for the week is Peace.
"Peace is more than the absence of conflict. It is the tranquility of good order, the serenity that accompanies the agreement of human wills.
Every well ordered society, whether marriage, parish, municipality or nation, is based on peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment