Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy birthday, Caveman!

I can't believe my baby boy is five years old.
Photobucket

For his birthday, we all went to see "Monsters vs. Aliens". He got underwear, shoes, and bedsheets for his presents. If you don't know the story behind that, he asked for a skateboard for his birthday, but a few weeks before, I found that he had ripped holes in his bedsheets using a screwdriver. Yeah. His tearing up things has been a big problem for us, and I'm ready to put a stop to it. I told him that with the money that I would have used for a skateboard, I was going to have to buy him new sheets instead.
I know some folks thought that was just too harsh of a punishment. I don't see it as a punishment, I see it as logical consequences. And I'm not a totally mean mama. I did get him Batman sheets (and Batman/Spiderman/Hulk underwear and Spiderman shoes). As you can see in the picture, he's not permanently scarred.

4 comments:

  1. Good thinking mom! What a cute lil b-day boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny....and I don't blame you one bit!!!

    Glad to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow five came fast!!
    LOL, totally not a mean mom.
    Whoo Hoot Caedmon, Happy Belated Birthday little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paula, I cannot believe he is already 5!! Where did the time go? nope not a mean mommy at all! I'da done the same thing.
    xo
    Val

    ReplyDelete