Friday, September 30, 2011

We Got To See The Holly-Copter!

I’ve mentioned previously that Juju is obsessed with helicopters. One evening when we went to pick his Daddy up from work, we heard the Medflight helicopter taking off. Juju got so excited! We couldn’t see it,—we just heard it--but that was what Juju talked about all the way home.
It occurred to me that maybe we should go see that helicopter. A friend of mine works in the ER; I gave her a call, and she gave me a number. 
I probably never would have thought of that if we weren’t homeschooling. But since we are homeschooling, everything that interests us is a potential field trip!

IMG_2995
Our Catholic homeschool group and some other local homeschooling friends joined us, so we had a group of close to fifty.

IMG_3004
Half of us toured the dispatch station…

IMG_3015 
…while the other half toured the helicopter.

IMG_3016  
IMG_3029 
The Medflight crew were great! I so appreciate them taking the time from their day to show us around.

Afterward, we went to the park for a picnic.
IMG_3035 IMG_3037 IMG_3045

No comments:

Post a Comment