I started with the recipe posted here:
Then I tweaked them a bit. My additions—dark chocolate chips, coconut, and honey—added about 40 cals per bar, but with the workouts I do, I am more interested in getting more protein in my diet than I am staying “low cal”. As far as protein bars go, they are pretty good. Better than the ones I bought from the store...and I can pronounce everything that's in them.
2 cups of oatmeal
4 scoops of whey protein
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
4 tbsp crunchy almond butter
1/2 cup of any milk (I used what I had--skim)
2 tbsp honey
1. Mix first 4 (dry) ingredients first.
2. Put milk, almond butter, and honey in microwave safe plate and let it melt a little for 30-60 secs. Mix well.
3. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spray pam or grease a small rectangular container and put batter in (I lightly grease with coconut oil). Even out with hands.
5. Put in refrigerator (and maybe freezer) for 2 hours.
6. Take out and cut in 8 slices (possible serving size)
Nutrition information will depend on what kind of protein powder, milk, etc., you use. Mine came out to: